Friday, February 11, 2011

Packing for vacation!

Moroccan Oil Hair Kit
I just spent 5 days in Mexico and what a great trip!!!  It's funny, a few years ago, I would have never considered the effects of the sun on my skin.  I mean, really, I can get tan and be honest, most people look healthy with a nice tan.  But now that I know the damage the sun can do and the years it adds to your appearance, trust me when I say, I had a nice size cosmetic bag!  By the time I packed my Obagi kit, my Moroccan Oil Hair Kit (I didn't want my hair to fry up either), my sunscreen, my visor, my moisturizer, jeeeeeez, it was already too heavy.  Once I lined up the arsenal of products, not only did I feel old, but I certainly felt ridiculous.  I can only imagine what Oliva, my room attendant, thought I looked like?  She probably thought I had a shrunken head when she saw all of my tools.  I mean, really, did I need all of this stuff, well........yes, I do.  In our little group, I am the oldest of the girls (I still refuse to say women), so I find it completely necessary to scrape together my best look each and every day, be it skin, hair, whatever. 

Obagi CR-X Kit
Even getting up at the crack of dawn for a power walk to sweat out the previous nights libations didn't deter me from my skin care schedule.  Personally, I am a big fan of the C-Rx System with Vitamin C.  It contains vitamin C, 4% hydroquinone and sunscreen.  So each and every morning, prior to laying in the sun like a Mexican lizard, I performed my vital 3 skin care steps.  I am proud to say that last night, I had a wonderful comment about my skin, so obviously the system works! And yes, Oliva may not understand, but when people are still guessing my age to be 8 years younger than my 40-something, I will remain committed!  Now, if only I can find something that stops the rest of time!!








No comments:

Post a Comment