Tuesday, January 25, 2011

The first step......

is to realize that you have a problem!!  Eleven lines, what the heck are those???  Well, those are the lines between your eyebrows that form when you are squinting.  Why am I squinting you ask (when I work for an eye care practice?).  Because I am not ready to admit just yet that I need glasses to see my computer clearly!  So I do two things, I get my first injection of Botox®!  Yes, Botox, nectar of the Gods!! You go from these ugly little lines that give your age away to smooth, porcelain surfaces.  I don't care what anyone says, friends, husbands or co-workers.  If botulism makes me look younger, I'm all for it.  Now let me say, my husband could care less if I get Botox, actually, he is probably happy because it keeps me from standing there at night pointing and saying "here, right here, don't you see this line?"  Every six months or so, I get a few tiny injections and Poof, I don't look so irritated or tired.  (of course, I still am, but as long as no one noticed, it's all good.)

The second thing I did was to stop off at the optical store.   I'm lucky because we have a great optical department with tons of options.  Being style conscious, I went straight for the Dolce and Gabbana's, picked out a pretty little black frame with some bling and felt pretty good.  Then my eye caught this fun, funky, turquoise frame by Airo that would go perfect with soooooo many of my outfits.  Okay, now this was getting fun.  3 frames later, including a purple Coach frame, I was happy again, despite my aging eyes. 



So on most days, when I sit here at my desk, concentrating on some new task, you can't see my furrowed brow and you are so capivated by my gorgeous eye glasses that you don't even care that I need them to see!

Hope I'm not boring anyone, until next time.............Do your best to look as good as you feel.

No comments:

Post a Comment